Re: st: "Proper" usage: Univariate, bivariate, multivariate, multivariable

From   Alfonso Sanchez-Penalver <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: "Proper" usage: Univariate, bivariate, multivariate, multivariable
Date   Tue, 15 Oct 2013 16:11:38 -0400

Hi Nicole,

To me a bivariate (and this can be extended to multivariate very straight forwardly) is one where there are two error terms that come from the same distribution, and thus they follow a bivariate distribution. Usually this is because you are trying to estimate the expected value of two dependent variables with two different equations, and the errors are not independent across equations. Anyone understands this differently?

Alfonso Sánchez-Peñalver