re: st: Synth (Abadia, Diamond, and Hainmueller) Placebo test graphic

From   "Ariel Linden, DrPH" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   re: st: Synth (Abadia, Diamond, and Hainmueller) Placebo test graphic
Date   Thu, 12 Sep 2013 11:19:09 -0400

Charlotte,

When posting a question about a particular program, you need to indicate
where you got it from. In this case, -synth- can be currently downloaded
from http://www.mit.edu/~jhainm/Synth (Jens Hainmueller is now at MIT, but
was at Harvard when he originally wrote this program. So all recent updates
are found on his site).

As for your problem, it can be solved by adding in the -keep- option to the
end of the command (see below). This will generate a new output file after
each loop, with the annual values you are requestion. More specifically, you
need the following three fields:
_Y_treated _Y_synthetic _time

After running the loop, I would merge the 4 files together (using the _time
variable as the anchor for the merge) so that you can plot the values for
each iteration. This is pretty straightforward.

I hope this helps

Ariel

**** code *****
tempname resmat
        forvalues i = 1/4 {
        synth cigsale retprice cigsale(1988) cigsale(1980) cigsale(1975) ,
trunit(`i')  trperiod(1989) xperiod(1980(1)1988) keep(test`i')
        matrix `resmat' = nullmat(`resmat') \ e(RMSPE)
        local names `"`names' `"`i'"'"'
        }
        mat colnames `resmat' = "RMSPE"
        mat rownames `resmat' = `names'