Re: st: how can one quickly remove all variable labels?

From   Phil Schumm <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: how can one quickly remove all variable labels?
Date   Thu, 12 Sep 2013 06:56:54 -0500

On Sep 12, 2013, at 2:40 AM, daniel klein <[email protected]> wrote:
> The suggested loop (and other stuff) is implemented in -labvars- from -labutil2- package (SSC).
>
> labvars ,r
>
> However, since László allways seems to be concerned with speed, I am not sure a canned solution is the approach to take here.I would probably code the loop in Mata, compile and run that code.

I don't see how speed is an issue here, since even if you're working with very wide files, we're still talking only thousands (or perhaps tens of thousands) of variables as compared to millions (or more) observations.  And this is a loop that only needs to be run once.  Still, if you're willing to toss the value labels at the same time, you can use

    label language tmplang, new
    label language default, delete
    label language default, rename

-- Phil