RE: st: RE: Matsize and Estimation of the Variance Matrix in a Regression

From   Joe Canner <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: Matsize and Estimation of the Variance Matrix in a Regression
Date   Wed, 4 Sep 2013 16:07:47 +0000

How many levels are in week, retailer_id, state, product, and clusterID?

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Alex MacKay
Sent: Wednesday, September 04, 2013 12:03 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: RE: Matsize and Estimation of the Variance Matrix in a Regression

1. The full specification is:

areg ln_price treatment postperiod treatmentXpostperiod ln_unemployment ln_population ln_income price_index ///
     i.week i.retailer_id i.state, absorb(product) vce(cluster clusterID)

2. The fixed effects variables are stored as integers.

3. I'm increasing the matsize because I am running several regressions, and for some I run into the issue: "matsize too small." I re-ran all regressions, and for a few (like the one above) that did not have the error, the results changed.

Alex