Re: st: Proportionality check: stcrreg with an established tvc

From   Adam Olszewski <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Proportionality check: stcrreg with an established tvc
Date   Sat, 17 Aug 2013 14:54:44 -0400

Hi Nicole,
I am not aware of any literature specifically discussing this issue. I
usually test  texp(_t)  and ln(_t). The more testing, the more your
P=.05 for multiple comparisons becomes inadequate. There is a good
chance that in most settings a function of time can be found, for
which the interaction with your variable will result in a significant
P value (although I am not going to try to make a mathematical proof
of it). So all within reason, unless there is data to support a
specific strategy.
AO