st: Show Command Output in Foreach Loop ...

From   Matthew McKay <[email protected]>
To   "<[email protected]> ([email protected])" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Show Command Output in Foreach Loop ...
Date   Mon, 1 Jul 2013 02:31:04 +0000

Statalist,

I have seen a few earlier remarks in 2007 about showing commands during foreach loops.
Option 1:
Set trace on
Set tracedepth 1
This doesn't work that well for me as it clumps the commands together and then the regression output together.

Since then, is there a better way to show the issued command during a foreach loop?
Why can't it just simply show the executed lines and the regression as if the code was running outside of a foreach loop in one long sequence?

I have multiple datasets that I would like to run the same extensive set of analysis on.
The smcl log file output is not very reader friendly without the command breaks printed in between each regression.

Cheers,
Matthew
Phd Student
ACDE, Crawford School