RE: st: table formatting in stata

From   Haluk Vahaboglu <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: table formatting in stata
Date   Sat, 29 Jun 2013 04:18:18 +0000

Dear Sergiy,
Thank you again. Now ttestab.ado is near perfect, though the help file needs some additional work.
As we all know, everyday thousands of new research paper appear in medical literature. Nearly half of these (not sure about the proportion) are clinical studies and I guess even more than half present data in a table giving Odss ratio or Rel Risk for dichotomous variables and Ttest and 95% CIs for continuous data. I am trying to say that, if somebody expects stata to be more popular among clinical research community, he must implement commands to facilitate getting such tables from the software.
In my practice, I used to use 'cctable' and 'cstable' to obtain a formatted OR | RR table of multiple variables.
Now, I am able to get a formatted ttest table of multiple variables via 'ttesttab' command.
Hence, according to me it would be nice to include 'ttesttab' in SSC.

Unfortunately, I have no answer to the second question.

Best

Prof. Dr. Haluk Vahaboğlu
Istanbul Medeniyet Üniversitesi,
Göztepe Eğitim ve Araştırma Hastanesi
Enfeksiyon Hastalıkları ve Klinik Mikrobiyoloji ABD
Dr. Erkin Caddesi 34730
Kadıköy / Istanbul TURKIYE