RE: st: RE: Nonlinear least squares restrictions

From   tshmak <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: Nonlinear least squares restrictions
Date   Thu, 6 Jun 2013 17:16:12 +0800

Hi Gareth,

Sorry I didn't realize X was multivariate and I also didn't realize Maarten has already replied to your question!

Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of G. Anderson
Sent: 06 June 2013 16:29
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: RE: Nonlinear least squares restrictions

Hi Tim,

Thanks a lot for getting back to me. Unfortunately I'm not sure standard
OLS will work here- I want to constrain the relative responses in the
vector B to be constant over time- and the estimate both the dummy scalar b
(for each year) and the vector B.

Will give the stuff on dummy variables a read - looks like it could prove
useful.

Many thanks,

Gareth