Re: st: Using AIPW for missing data purposes in RCTs?

Subject   Re: st: Using AIPW for missing data purposes in RCTs?
Date   Wed, 26 Jun 2013 17:45:55 -0400

Ariel:

Adjustment for covariates in clinical trials can correct for chance
imbalances and also reduce the variability of estimated treatment
effects (Piantadosi, 2005, pp. 470-475). Adjutment can also be useful
for creating prognostic models and for subgroup analyses (interactions
with treatment), but the latter run into the multiple-comparison
problem.

Reference: Steven Piantadosi. 2005. Clinical Trials:
A Methodologic Perspective. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley-Interscience.

IPTW estimators, originally designed for observational stuies
are  also applied to randomized studies:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22510495

http://biostatistics.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2012/04/17/biostatistics.kxs009.abstract

http://www4.stat.ncsu.edu/~davidian/synergytalk.pdf

Van Der Laan, Mark. 2011. Targeted Learning: Causal Inference for Observational and Experimental Data. Springer.

Stephen:

A "doubly-robust" estimator similar, but not identical to, Stata's
-teffects aipw- estimator is Mark Lunt's -dr- which can be obtained by:

. net from http://personalpages.manchester.ac.uk/staff/mark.lunt
. net install dr

Steve
[email protected]