Re: st: metareg of failure rates or proportions / meta-analysis of proportions

From   salil deo <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: metareg of failure rates or proportions / meta-analysis of proportions
Date   Sat, 22 Jun 2013 06:26:15 +0530

Dear All,

While performing meta-analysis of proportions in Stata using the metan
command , recently found out that data can be entered using the syntax

metan p p_LL p_UL, fixed/random

is this a valid way run the test ... I have tried to read up
extensively on this topic from the  Statalist as well as the internet
.. The earlier posts in the Statalist used the "meta" command with the
" metagraph" command for the forest plot  but the "megan" command
presents much better graphs than the earlier metagraph one.

Mr Hoaglin has commented that inverse variance weighting creates bias
in this type of meta-analysis , then what method is preferable ?
Mantel-Haenzel method ?

Thanks,

Salil V Deo