Re: st: Just and Pope Production model-What are the commands?

From   Scott Merryman <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Just and Pope Production model-What are the commands?
Date   Wed, 12 Jun 2013 10:13:11 -0500

The general form of the Just and Pope production function is the
regress yield on a set of explanatory variables.  Then regress the log
of the squared residuals on the set of explanatory variables.  And
then use the predicted values from the second regression as weights in
first regression.

You might want to take a look at -sfpanel-  by Federico Belotti,
Silvio Daidone, Giuseppe Ilardi, and Vincenzo Atella (-ssc desc
sfpanel-).  Several of the models allow for explanatory variables for
the inefficiency variance function and the  idiosyncratic error
variance function

Scott