st: Panel data and -spmap-

From   Jeremy Wells <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Panel data and -spmap-
Date   Mon, 29 Apr 2013 11:08:57 -0500

Hi all,

I have a panel dataset with one observation per province-week over six years.
I would like to draw maps using -spmap-, but I would like to have fewer than
one map per week; thus, I created a year variable and entered

spmap var using coorfile.dta if year==200X, id(province),

which returns the following:

Variable province specified in option id() does not uniquely identify the observations
r(459);

Is there a way around this that does not end up with me -collapse-ing the weekly data
into years? A way to plot the mean, sum, change or any other average over the course
of the 52 weeks would be ideal to have in this case, it seems.

Thanks,

Jeremy Wells
Ph.D. Student
LSU Dept. of Poli. Sci.