Re: st: Reshaping dataset

From   Christopher Zbrozek <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Reshaping dataset
Date   Fri, 26 Apr 2013 12:41:51 -0400

Hi Andrea,

If I'm understanding the problem correctly, the same type of
information is in cadena, cadenacompartida1, and cadenacompartida2 in
a wide format. You want to reshape to a long format where the info
from all three of those variables is in a single variable, cadena,
correct?

In that case, you could rename the variables to cadena1, cadena2, and
cadena3 and reshape long, and Stata will understand that the values
from all three of those variables should go in a single variable,
cadena, in the long dataset, and your by groups should form correctly.
(The same process would also apply to the subcadena variables, of
course.)

Hope that helps,
Christopher Zbrozek
University of Michigan