Re: st: Nearstat competitor count

From   Edward Watkinson <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Nearstat competitor count
Date   Mon, 22 Apr 2013 14:42:26 +0100

Thank you Dimitriy, geonear helped me to get what I needed.

Just to record my method, I used geonear in wide mode to compute the 100 or so nearest 'neighbours' (branches or head offices of al firms) of each head office, after making a unique id for all of the head and branch offices. I then used this id to merge the data with the company ids. It was then a simple case of disregarding where the company ids were identical, then disregarding those which where further away than the distance of interest, and then finally summing the remaining neighbours for each head office to obtain a single variable.

Thanks again,
Edward