Re: st: Logit and ReLogit Coefficients the Same, But Intervals Differ. Which do I report?

Subject   Re: st: Logit and ReLogit Coefficients the Same, But Intervals Differ. Which do I report?
Date   Thu, 11 Apr 2013 20:54:21 -0500

This blog entry by Paul Allison may help.

http://www.statisticalhorizons.com/logistic-regression-for-rare-events

Allison says, in part, "The problem is not specifically the rarity of events, but rather the possibility of a small number of cases on the rarer of the two outcomes. If you have a sample size of 1000 but only 20 events, you have a problem. If you have a sample size of 10,000 with 200 events, you may be OK. If your sample has 100,000 cases with 2000 events, you're golden."

Also, I assume you are talking about Gary King's relogit program here:

http://gking.harvard.edu/relogit

The Stata version hasn't been updated in ages. Perhaps there are better options now. Based on Allison's blog, perhaps the -firthlogit- command available from SSC would be another option.