Re: st: Re: z-score diff plots

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Re: z-score diff plots
Date   Thu, 11 Apr 2013 15:55:41 +0100

Plotting difference against mean is a standard plot for many people.

It is a relative of  the principle that it is helpful to plot residual
against fitted.

Plotting some difference against a third variable might similarly be
useful. It is a bit like the standard practice of plotting residuals
from some model against a predictor not in the model.

The question is does it work, that is, can you see a pattern?

There are some general references in

SJ-4-3  gr0005  . . . . .  Speaking Stata: Graphing agreement and disagreement
        Q3/04   SJ 4(3):329--349                                 (no commands)
        how to select the right graph to portray comparison or
        assessment of agreement or disagreement between data
        measured on identical scales

.pdf accessible via http://www.stata-journal.com/article.html?article=gr0005