Re: st: Mokken scaling procedure - output

From   Laura Maria Schwirz <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Mokken scaling procedure - output
Date   Tue, 12 Feb 2013 16:44:18 +0000

I thought so too. I was quite surprised to get such high Loevinger
coefficients but this might be due to a rather large sample size of 3,300?
Also, does it mean that if they all lie above the critical value of 0.3
that these variables (or traits in this case) form one dimension? I.e. if
two of them were lower than 0.3, the other two would still form such a
dimension?

Many thanks for your advice on this, much appreciated!

Laura

On 12 February 2013 16:26, JVerkuilen (Gmail) <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 10:42 AM, Laura Maria Schwirz <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Apologies. I had some trouble sending the email and I thought the
>> Stata output caused the problem. Here's the output. I am actually just
>> reading van Schur's article and find it quite helpful.
>
> Your situation is exactly what Mokken scaling is good at but read
> through those citations to make sure you feel solid about what the
> output is.
>
> I'd worry about a halo effect on these due to the likely content.
> Those are some VERY high H stats.

Laura Schwirz

PhD Candidate and IRCHSS Scholar
Department of Political Science