st: Mokken scaling procedure - output

From   Laura Maria Schwirz <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Mokken scaling procedure - output
Date   Tue, 12 Feb 2013 15:09:04 +0000

Dear Statalist Users

I have a set of variables that look at party leader traits. For
example, on a scale from 0 to 5 how well does trait X describe leader
Y? I would like to examine whether these traits form a scale or not.
Is Mokken scaling procedure the right approach for this and if so,
what does the actual output tell me? See below for an example where
traits are knows how to manage economy, likeable, energetic,
trustworthy.