Re: st: switch within do file from Stata 64bit to Stata 32bit

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: switch within do file from Stata 64bit to Stata 32bit
Date   Thu, 7 Feb 2013 10:41:59 +0000

Setting -version- usually does far less than users imagine, but that
seems a side-issue here. (In essence, it is only what -help version-
indicates.)

I imagine that what you might need to do is run a batch job running
different Statas in sequence.

Calling one Stata from another sounds tricky at best and a nightmare
at worst. At a minimum you would need to -save- your data from one
Stata before you read it into the other Stata. How would the first
Stata know when the second Stata had finished.

My wild guess is that this implies much more than -winexec- or a shell
call, but you may well get much better advice from people who have
done, or tried to do, something similar.

Nick