st: switch within do file from Stata 64bit to Stata 32bit

From   Raoul Reulen <[email protected]>
Subject   st: switch within do file from Stata 64bit to Stata 32bit
Date   Thu, 7 Feb 2013 10:24:14 +0000

Dear All

I am currently running Stata MP 12-64 bit and all works fine, but now I want to run a part of my do-file in Stata 11-32 bit because it contains reading in some MS Access tables through an odbc connection (which I cannot get to work in Stata 12 -64 bit btw). Simply using "version" control and setting the version to 11 does not seem to work.

It is possible to have the do file call Stata 11-32 bit, run part of my do-file in Stata 11 32-bit and then run the remainder of my do-file in Stats 12 64-bit? I presume I would have to use .winexec or .shellout , but how exactly?

Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Raoul