st: stata documentation

From   "Airey, David C" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: stata documentation
Date   Thu, 7 Feb 2013 02:34:31 +0000

.

I like good documentation. Stata's is great.
It is always helpful, humorous, and detailed.
For example, here is a snippet from SEM:

"It can be devilishly difficult for software to
obtain results for SEM models because SEM models are
based on second-order moments. Sometimes the
software fails. You need to learn to identify when
the software is in trouble so that you can press
the Break key and end the failed attempt to find a
solution. You then need to learn how to specify
better starting values—and to identify the parameters
that need them—so that you can restart the estimation process.

We provide step-by-step instructions for dealing
with convergence problems in [SEM] sem. Go
there the day you face the problem. Right now,
however, let’s examine the issues."