Re: st: level and distribution plot side by side

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: level and distribution plot side by side
Date   Sun, 6 Jan 2013 09:41:46 +0000

On Sun, Jan 6, 2013 at 6:15 AM, annoporci <[email protected]> wrote:

> Great! Is there a simple way to have the powers of 10 printed as
> superscripts rather than as a caret(^)?

Yes; Rense refers to it in the blog entry you cited.

Use {sup:#} as explained in -help text- and

http://www.stata.com/help.cgi?text

>> [Rense Corten] comments that Statalist "is so busy that it is close to worthless if
>> you are not looking for something specific".
>

> I find myself drawn to the Statalist archives all the time. The only thing
> is that you often need to read several exchanges in the thread and it is
> often cluttered by several layers of replies within the message (like
> below); otherwise
> I think Statalist is a really great source of info, both specific and
> general.

That's why we stress posting new posts as new posts (so not to mess up
threading); informative titles; editing messages to focus on what's
new; and wrapping up a thread by posting a summary of what works. The
list does well on the first two and rather poorly on the second two.

Web forums do better in this respect, but the way Statalist behaves
could not, in my view, be mapped into a web forum without serious
loss.