RE: st: Statistically significant difference in R Squared

From   "Santos Silva, J.M.C." <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Statistically significant difference in R Squared
Date   Fri, 24 Aug 2012 09:35:03 +0100

Dear Ani,

I guess that what you can do is to test if the variance of the errors is larger
in one period than in the other. In the spirit of the old Goldfeld?Quandt test,
you can just do a BP test where you regress the square of the residuals on a
constant and on a dummy that is 1 for the second period only. Then you can
simply do a one sided t test on the coefficient of the dummy. Of course, your
base model should allow the coefficients to differ in the two periods and
therefore you should include the interactions that Dave suggested (or just
estimate the model for the two periods separately).

All the best,

Joao