RE: st: ksmirnov

From   "Guessab Houda" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: ksmirnov
Date   Tue, 21 Aug 2012 11:58:04 +0200

Thank you very much nick.

That will help me so much...i also need to ask another question. Do you know if we can estimate a student distribution in stata? Or do we have to use Maximum likelihood estimation to do that?

Houda GUESSAB

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Nick Cox
Sent: mardi 21 août 2012 11:50
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: ksmirnov

Sorry, but you have to think about this yourself based on your data
and your problem. One is a fit based on mean and SD and the other is
more robust being, less sensitive to outliers in the data. A perfect
fit would mean that the data follow the line exactly. There aren't
agreed guidelines for imperfect fit.

You can get reference plots by simulating from t(8). As said earlier,
you may have difficulties as a side-effect of any dependence structure
in your data.

Nick