Re: st: end of do-file notify

From   Dan Blanchette <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: end of do-file notify
Date   Fri, 17 Aug 2012 14:49:39 -0400 (EDT)

Pablo,

I came up with this idea.

Save this code as beep_me.ado and put it in your ado\plus\b directory:

program beep_me
version 9
args n_beeps

if missing("`n_beeps'") {
  local n_beeps= 3
}
forvalues n= 1/`n_beeps' {
  beep
  sleep 1000
}
shell pause

end

Then run your code inside -capture noisily- and follow it with -beep_me- like so:

capture noisily {
  sysuse auto, clear
  describe
  tab turn
  su
}
beep_me

By default -beep_me- will beep 3 times with a second between beeps unless
you specify how many beeps you want:

. beep_me 10

At the end -beep_me- will have a Windows shell window pop-up with the message:
 Press any key to continue . . .

So, when you see that window you have to remember that it was caused by -beep_me-
and your do-file is done or stopped due to an error.

Dan Blanchette

Research Programming Services
Carolina Population Center
University of North Carolina
[email protected]

From 	  Carsten Sauer <[email protected]>
To 	  [email protected]
Subject 	  Re: st: end of do-file notify
Date 	  Fri, 17 Aug 2012 19:23:39 +0200

Hi Pablo,
you could use the -beep- command at the end of your do-file:

sysuse auto, clear
reg weight length foreign
beep

Best, Carsten