Re: st: end of do-file notify

From   Pablo Bonilla <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: end of do-file notify
Date   Fri, 17 Aug 2012 14:44:06 -0400

woow, this is great, thank you!!!

 I saw the ado-file and it is super simple:

!rundll32 user32.dll,MessageBeep MB_ICONQUESTION

But I don't understand it. hehehe.  However, I think that with this
kind of programming we can do many things more like using other sounds
or something like that, right? do you know what the "!rundll32" does
??

best,

On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 1:23 PM, Carsten Sauer
<[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi Pablo,
> you could use the -beep- command at the end of your do-file:
>
> sysuse auto, clear
> reg weight length foreign
> beep
>
> Best, Carsten
>

> Am 17.08.2012 18:47, schrieb Pablo Bonilla:
>
>> Dear stata list,
>>
>> Some times when I am running a do-file I don't know how to make it
>> notify me that it already finished running the do-file or it found an
>> error on it. I usually go to excel or internet while Stata is running
>> and some times the window bar at the bottom of the screen blinks and
>> some times it does not. I have tried minimizing Stata but it does not
>> work always.
>>
>> Is there a way to know when Stata finished and therefor don't waste to
>> much time??
>>
>> Thanks
>>

> --
>
> Carsten Sauer
> SFB 882 "Von Heterogenitäten zu Ungleichheiten"
> Teilprojekt A6 "Die Legitimation von Ungleichheiten - Strukturelle
> Bedingungen von Gerechtigkeitseinstellungen"
> Fakultät für Soziologie
> Universität Bielefeld
> Postfach 10 01 31
> 33501 Bielefeld
> Tel.: 0521 106-70056/-6948 (Sekr. Frau Fischer)
> Fax: 0521 106-6479

----

Pablo Bonilla