Re: st: Getting the 'egranger' command to use the entire sample

From   Alex Letko <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Getting the 'egranger' command to use the entire sample
Date   Thu, 16 Aug 2012 19:56:42 +0100

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your reply.  That must be the issue.  There are indeed gaps
in the data. But, I don't see why -tsset- in terms of the actual dates
would actually cut out any of the observations.  The total number of
observations, not counting any gaps, is 3130.  And for each point in
time there is an observation.  (there are no blanks from 1 to 3130;
they have all already been dropped).  So why would I get a random
number of observations dropped in the egranger command, considering
that routine regressions come out just fine?

Thanks,

Alex