Re: st: xtreg check for outliers

From   Richard Goldstein <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: xtreg check for outliers
Date   Thu, 09 Aug 2012 10:01:30 -0400

my view is a little different

an outlier is a surprising value; it is surprising because one is
comparing it, sometimes implicitly, to a model -- once you determine
that the value is not an error, you need to consider whether you are
using the "right" model -- changing the model will often change which
values, if any, are "outliers"

Rich