RE: st: comparing coefficients across models

From   Cameron McIntosh <[email protected]>
To   STATA LIST <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: comparing coefficients across models
Date   Tue, 7 Aug 2012 19:11:16 -0400

Dahlia,

I also agree that one shouldn't treat conventional VIF thresholds as golden rules. You may want to see:

O'Brien, R.M. (2007). A Caution Regarding Rules of Thumb for Variance Inflation Factors. Quality & Quantity, 41, 673–690.
http://web.unbc.ca/~michael/courses/stats/lectures/VIF%20article.pdf

Stine, R.A. (1995). Graphical interpretation of variance inflation factors. The American Statistician, 49(1), 53-56.
http://statistics.wharton.upenn.edu/documents/research/Variance%20inflation%20factors.pdf

Hendrickx, J. (August 16, 2004). COLDIAG2: Stata module to evaluate collinearity in linear regression.
http://ideas.repec.org/c/boc/bocode/s445202.html

Hendrickx, J. (January 2, 2012). Tools for evaluating collinearity: Package ‘perturb’, Version 2.04.
http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/perturb/perturb.pdf
http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/perturb/index.html

Friendly, M., & Kwan, E. (2009). Where's Waldo? Visualizing Collinearity Diagnostics. American Statistician, 63(1), 56-65.
http://www.datavis.ca/papers/viscollin-web.pdf

Cam