Re: Re: st: using subgroup regression coefficients in further regressions

From   Peter Hofmann <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: Re: st: using subgroup regression coefficients in further regressions
Date   Sun, 22 Jul 2012 20:16:13 +0200

Thanks for the systematic of how to proceed, I think I am close
to the solution by including
- g yhat -    and
- replace yhat... -    and
- treatment_dummy != 1  (no treats included in the reg):

g res = .
g yhat=.
sum subgroupvar, meanonly

qui forvalues i = `r(min)'/`r(max)' {
       reg y X1 X2 if subgroupvar==`i' &         treatment_dummy != 1
 //reg only control group
       predict work, residual
       replace res = work if subgroupvar==`i'
       drop work
   replace yhat = _b[cons] + _b[X1] * X1 + _b[X2] * X2  if subgroupvar==`i'
}

g y = res + yhat   //should give the original dep. var. except for
treatments, right ??

But in my results it seems like the treats are also included in the
reg, so perhaps
& treatment_dummy != 1 did not work....?

The treatments should not be in the same regression as the control group,
since this is quite small and treatments would influence the outcome.
Truly, the constant has to be included.

Thank you
Peter