Re: Re: st: using subgroup regression coefficients in further regressions

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: Re: st: using subgroup regression coefficients in further regressions
Date   Sun, 22 Jul 2012 15:52:23 +0100

This looks like a different question to me, but the principles are the same.

0. Initialise a variable to hold results outside the loop

1. After each regression, you use its estimation results. What you
want may be most easily calculated in terms of something like

_b[X1] * X1 + _b[X2] * X2

2. Typically you will -replace- results of the variable created in 0
for some observations only.

However, I don't understand how this differs from a problem best
handled by -predict- or why no constant (intercept) appears in your
expressions.

Nick