Re: st: count data truncated at one

From   Laurie Molina <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: count data truncated at one
Date   Tue, 12 Jun 2012 10:41:50 -0500

Ok, thank you all, as always you have provided very useful insights.
I think I will go with the ologit. Just one more thing. ologit is
motivated by the existence of a latent variable and thrasheholds that
define the value of the observed discrete variable.
In my case, I do observe the underlying variable (payment/reference
number), when this value is in a neighborhood around 2, I say that it
pays 2 times the reference number, and so on.
How can I add this information to the estimation? To my understanding
ologit does not take that information in to account.
Sorry if I cannot provide very much additional information.
Thank you again,
LM