Re: st: count data truncated at one

From   Laurie Molina <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: count data truncated at one
Date   Mon, 11 Jun 2012 20:01:41 -0500

Nick,
Thanks for your repply.
Yes, there are structural reasons why only those responses are possible.
People included in the regression are members of a group defined as
people paying 2 to ten times a reference number.
I was thinking in ologit, but as there is cardinality involved, I was
looking for a method that would consider all the available
information, that is a method that would consider both the cardinal
and ordinal properties of my data.
I was thinking on reescaling the dataset so that 2 becomes 0, 3
becomes 1, and so on. I know that this would not solver the high
frequency of 10's (8's after reescaling), but I think my coefficients
will still consistently estimate population parameters, as maximum
likelihood estimation with poisson is robust to incorrer
especification of the distribution as long as the conditional
expectation function is correctly specified...
Would it be terrible to do such a reescalation?
Thank you again!