Re: st: Reported significance levels of parameter estimates wrong?

From   Benjamin Niug <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Reported significance levels of parameter estimates wrong?
Date   Wed, 28 Mar 2012 11:17:26 +0200

Hi Maarten,

Thx for clarification. Sorry for underinforming you and spelling Stata
in an inappropriate manner... :-)

Regarding the calculation, I pursued as follows: I calculated the
t-stats by estimate/std.error given by Stata and calculated the
degrees of freedom by N-K (N sample size; K number of regressors).

Number of obs      =      1564
Group variable: country_code;Number of groups   =         4

with 12 indep. variables including the constant. Then I looked up the
(critical) t-values given my degrees of freedom using the student-t
distribution tables available online and then compared...

You see the mistake?

Best,
Benjamin