Re: st: RE: ivreg2 questions

Subject   Re: st: RE: ivreg2 questions
Date   Tue, 20 Mar 2012 10:14:33 -0400

Robert Davidson <[email protected]>:
Can you quote the exact text you are reading?  IMEUS section 8.10
makes quite clear that partial correlations are at issue (cf footnote
25), as do Angrist and Pischke.  The excluded instruments are always
judged in the context of a larger regression; instruments that look
good with one set of controls can look terrible with another set,
either on the basis of weak instruments or overidentification tests,
or both.