st: png graph quality poor

From   Tim Evans <[email protected]>
Subject   st: png graph quality poor
Date   Fri, 23 Dec 2011 09:21:08 +0000

Hi all,

(Stata 11.2)

I'm running a number of regressions and graphing the output before exporting the graph as a .png file. I'm then pasting them into MS Word and because the size of the graph is a little small, I'm stretching the graph to fit the page area (I fit two graphs onto a single A4 side). My problem is that when I did this several months ago, the stretching (or shrinking) worked fine. I'm now running the analysis again and the quality of the text in the graph legends has become quite poor when I stretch the graph.

As an aside, when I look at the original graphs produced some months ago, the graphs when formatted in Word (picture size) have a graph size of 15.53cm x 21.38cm and they have been shrunk to 75%. The new graphs have an original size of 9.31cm x 12.81cm, to get them to a size I am happy with I have to extend to about 125%.

This may be the route of my problem. Is there a way for me to specify the size of the graph before export in Stata so that I don't have to stretch?

Happy to provide more info if needed.

Best wishes

Tim
_DISCLAIMER:
This email and any attachments hereto contains proprietary information, some or all of which may be confidential or legally privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s) only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail and you are not the intended recipient(s), please notify the author by replying to this e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print, or rely on this e-mail or any attachments, as this may be unlawful.