RE: st: Endogeneity and Panel Data : treatreg, ivregress or .. ? Any suggestion would be really appreciated !

From   Cameron McIntosh <[email protected]>
To   STATA LIST <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Endogeneity and Panel Data : treatreg, ivregress or .. ? Any suggestion would be really appreciated !
Date   Mon, 14 Nov 2011 08:11:59 -0500

John,
Thanks for clarifying. I think you still need to account for dependencies/serial correlation, but note that with 70 data points, I think you are now in the realm of large N, large T panel models. I don't think you can rely on the asymptotics that were
developed for just the large N fixed (small) T case, and you would need specialized resampling methods as well, if you want to go that route (other types of robust SE estimators might be preferable):
Kapetanios, G. (2008). A Bootstrap Procedure for Panel Data Sets with Many Cross-Sectional Units. Econometrics Journal, 11(2), 377-395.
Hansen, C.B. (2007). Asymptotic properties of a robust variance matrix estimator for panel data when T is large. Journal of Econometrics, 141, 597–620.
http://www.utdallas.edu/~d.sul/Econo2/Hansen-2007-JoE-PanelHAC.pdf
http://faculty.chicagobooth.edu/christian.hansen/research/techapp_panel_cov_t.pdf
http://faculty.chicagobooth.edu/christian.hansen/research/stock_watson_note.pdf
Cam