RE: st: mlogtest after mlogit

Subject   RE: st: mlogtest after mlogit
Date   Mon, 24 Oct 2011 09:50:06 -0500

At 07:13 AM 10/24/2011, Nick Cox wrote:
In addition, on checking I find that you have not explained that -mlogtest- is a user-written command (versions in STB and various websites) and you have not explained which version you are using. The authors of -mlogtest- are not active members of Statalist, so you are reliant on people understanding a user-written command they have not written.

I see that there are indeed multiple versions of mlogtest floating around. The most current version should be in the -spost9- package available from Long's web site. I get

. which mlogtest, all

c:\ado\plus\m\mlogtest.ado
*! version 1.7.6 jsl 2009-10-18

You have to be careful with Long's routines, as outdated versions of some of them are still available. -fitstat- is another example; I always have to get after my students to make sure they have the most up to date version.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  [email protected]
WWW:    http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam