Re: st: Re: problem with nlsur quaids

From   Jorge Eduardo Pérez Pérez <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Re: problem with nlsur quaids
Date   Thu, 13 Oct 2011 22:25:51 -0400

As you said, the formulas for the AIDS are the same except for the
parts related to b(p) arising in the derivatives. See the Deaton and
Muellbauer AIDS paper if you have doubts on the formulas.

As for the bug, three potential problems come to my mind: it might be
that you have an extra : somewhere in a -nlcom- call, or a missing _b
(all the calls to b coefficients should read _b[b1], _b[b2] ... or
_b[b`i'] when inside the loop) or that the calls to nlcom are not
finding the estimates previously stored, and that would be why _b[b1]
is not found.

If your problem is among the first two, you have to check the code
again. As for the third potential problem , type -ereturn list- before
running the elasticity calculations and make sure e(b) is listed under
matrices.

Two more comments:

* There is an -qui est restore- line at the end of my code you have to
replace with the name of your stored estimates. That is, after running
your model, store the results using -est store name- where "name" is
the name under which you want to save them. Then, at the end of my
code, your line should read -qui est restore name-
* I fix the a constant on the a(p) index to be 4.7, That is just below
the minimum of the log expenditure for my data, as Deaton and
Muellbauer recommend. You have to change that to fit your data.

Jorge Eduardo Pérez Pérez