Re: st: Re: problem with nlsur quaids

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Re: problem with nlsur quaids
Date   Fri, 14 Oct 2011 00:08:34 +0100

You have a bug. This is not enough information for me to have any idea
what it is.

Experienced coders can spot typos and syntax errors but this sounds
more like a logic error.

Generically, you debug by using -set trace on- and looking at the
output. At each stage you need to think through what Stata knows at
this point. Also, staring at the code only gets you so far. You need
to look at the data just before the program stops. You need to insert
statements to print out what Stata has just calculated and so forth.

Nick