Re: st: Re: string functions quotation marks

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Re: string functions quotation marks
Date   Wed, 28 Sep 2011 11:02:25 +0100

This possibility was addressed in
http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2011-09/msg01101.html

from which a solution for removing first and last characters that are
quotation marks is (with your variable name)

 replace country = substr(country, 2, length(country) - 2)

Eric or Ric didn't reply to the list, so we presume that he is content somehow.

Nick