Re: st: how can i make my loop run faster?

From   Partho Sarkar <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: how can i make my loop run faster?
Date   Mon, 19 Sep 2011 22:02:29 +0530

I think the  -rolling- time series command can help do this.  E.g.
once you a) tsset the panel as before, and b) sort the dataset by
-sort panelvar datevar-

rolling _b,w(20)  saving(tryroll): regress y x

would divide up your entire time span into overlapping windows of
width 20, run a regression for each panel in each window, and save the
panel ids, the start & end of each window, and the regression
coefficients, in a Stata data file called "tryroll".

See -help rolling- and the manual entry for details & examples.  Given
your special requirements, you will probably have to do this in 2 or
more steps, and manipulate the results further to get exactly what you
want.

Partho