Re: st: Change variable

From   Ay <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Change variable
Date   Fri, 16 Sep 2011 00:45:31 +1000

Yes, multiple observation in file1.
If you see id2=2 has two observations that recorded each educational level of that child.

File 2 is only one obs.

Could i simply copy and paste into a new file all data in file1 based on the educlevel? So i'll have two new files as an extract for each educlevel with single observation. And then merge these new files before merging again to file 2.

I am thinking to reshape but dont know the correct way to do it.

Or is there any other alternative way to do this?

Regards,
Yun