st: estadd margins with multiple outcome models

From   Arka Roy Chaudhuri <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: estadd margins with multiple outcome models
Date   Sun, 11 Sep 2011 18:18:04 -0700

Dear Statalisters,

I am using Stata 11 on a 64 bit Windows Vista computer.I am estimating
an ordered probit model of the effect of gender on education.My
education variable is a categorical variable with three categories 1,2
and 3. Sex is a dummy variable which takes the value of 1 if male and
0 otherwise.So I run the following regression:
oprobit edu i.sex [pweight=weight],robust

Now what I need is a table with the marginal effects  for each
education outcome  with their standard errors. I usually use -esttab-
to get tables. This is where I run into difficulty. I run  the
folowing after the oprobit command :
estadd margins,dydx(sex) predict(outcome(1)
estadd margins,dydx(sex) predict(outcome(2)
estadd margins,dydx(sex) predict(outcome(3)
 But I can not figure out how to store these results by different
names so that I can make tables using esttab since estimates store
does not seem to work.

Basically I want to replicate the output from the following set of
commands by using margins since mfx is now obsolete in Stata 11.

oprobit edu sex [pweight=weight],robust
mfx compute,predict(outcome(1))
estimates store model1
mfx compute,predict(outcome(2))
estimates store model2
mfx compute,predict(outcome(3))
estimates store model3
esttab model1 model2 model3,se star(*0.10 **0.05 ***0.01) margin

I would really appreciate any help in this regard.

Regards,
Arka

(http://ideas.repec.org/c/boc/bocode/s439301.html)