Re: st: Bai Perron Test

From   Partho Sarkar <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Bai Perron Test
Date   Sat, 10 Sep 2011 12:11:38 +0530

Purba, I have used R, though not for the Bai-Perron structural break
test.  R is quite a well-known open-source statistical programming
language, with a rich & growing library of programs.  It is an open
source free product, which you can download and install from
http://www.r-project.org/  .  If you have never used R, it might take
you a little time to learn how, but if you are in the statistics
research profession, it is likely to be an useful addition to your
knowledge set.
All this is essentially quite independent of Eviews, though it seems
the latest Eviews package has some method of linking to R.

Best
Partho

From	  Muhammad Anees <[email protected]>

Date	  Fri, 9 Sep 2011 14:58:14 +0500
The Eviews has addin to conduct the Bai Perron test, which I assume is
Bai-Perron (1998) breakpoints test. It will require you the R. Please
check the link for more details. The third row in Table on
http://www.eviews.com/Addins/addins.shtml.