Re: st: smcl compatibility

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: smcl compatibility
Date   Thu, 1 Sep 2011 07:34:12 +0100

I am not aware of any switches or short-cuts here.

Older versions won't understand newer features of -smcl- any more than
older versions understand any other newer feature. The difference is
that new-fangled SMCL stuff is displayed uninterpreted; whereas for
other features the program typically won't run at all.

If you want something to show as intended in older versions, you need
to use the older equivalent, assuming that there is one. So, you need
to write in an old-fashioned way.

Nick