RE: st: Useful labelling of dummy variables following logit

From   Tim Evans <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Useful labelling of dummy variables following logit
Date   Fri, 26 Aug 2011 15:27:14 +0100

Maarten,

That worked just great - thanks a lot - have had some fun formatting legends and titles in the process since I don't usually use Stata to graph things.

Best wishes

Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Maarten Buis
Sent: 26 August 2011 12:57
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: Useful labelling of dummy variables following logit

On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 1:47 PM, Tim Evans <[email protected]> wrote:
> Nick, Maarten
>
> I'm not sure I could add the title at the moment of creation due to the way I am calling the graphing code, since what I do is use one do file to execute the regression (which I know can change), and then I call another do file from within which essentially codes up all of the variables which will exist in the main dataset and then draw the graph (the format will not change, nor will the variables). Only the regression command changes hence why I have the graphing function in a separate do file.

.do files accept arguments, so if you call your graphing .do file
graph.do, you can write in you master.do file

do model1.do
do graph.do "model 1"

do model2.do
do graph.do  "model 2"

while graph.do is running the local macro `1' (for the first argument
passed to the .do file) will contain "model 1" in the first call and
and "model 2" in the second call. So when your graphing command
contains the option -title(`1')- you will get the correct titles for
each graph.

Hope this helps,
Maarten

--------------------------
Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen
Wilhelmstrasse 36
72074 Tuebingen
Germany

http://www.maartenbuis.nl

_DISCLAIMER:
This email and any attachments hereto contains proprietary information, some or all of which may be confidential or legally privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s) only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail and you are not the intended recipient(s), please notify the author by replying to this e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print, or rely on this e-mail or any attachments, as this may be unlawful.