Re: st: running marginsplots without rerunning margins again

From   Doug Hess <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: running marginsplots without rerunning margins again
Date   Sat, 13 Aug 2011 10:58:22 -0400

Jeff wrote:
"Scott Merryman  mentioned using -_return hold- and - -_return
restore- which solved Doug's orginial question."

Again, Scott's solution only partially solved the problem...I was
hoping to be able to rerun marginsplot from the estimates from a
permanently saved filed, but -_return hold- doesn't seem to save the
file. Is this not possible?

Likewise the example you give below doesn't address these issue. You
run a test (not marginsplot) and your run it from a stored filed (not
from a saved file). When I modify your example to run margins plot, it
gives the same error as always.  I'm not sure if the update you
propose (modifying how the -post- option works) is meant to address
what I am asking or not.

Again: Can you save the estimates after they are posted and use the
-use- command to load them and run marginsplot from there? Or can
Scott's -_return hold-  be modified to save (not store) the necessary
info?

Thanks for your help. Sorry if I'm not "getting it."

-Doug