Re: st: running marginsplots without rerunning margins again

Subject   Re: st: running marginsplots without rerunning margins again
Date   Sat, 13 Aug 2011 11:12:36 -0500

At 09:58 AM 8/13/2011, Doug Hess wrote:
Jeff wrote:
"Scott Merryman  mentioned using -_return hold- and - -_return
restore- which solved Doug's orginial question."

Again, Scott's solution only partially solved the problem...I was
hoping to be able to rerun marginsplot from the estimates from a
permanently saved filed, but -_return hold- doesn't seem to save the
file. Is this not possible?

Likewise the example you give below doesn't address these issue. You
run a test (not marginsplot) and your run it from a stored filed (not
from a saved file). When I modify your example to run margins plot, it
gives the same error as always.  I'm not sure if the update you
propose (modifying how the -post- option works) is meant to address
what I am asking or not.

Again: Can you save the estimates after they are posted and use the
-use- command to load them and run marginsplot from there? Or can
Scott's -_return hold-  be modified to save (not store) the necessary
info?

Thanks for your help. Sorry if I'm not "getting it."

If I understand Jeff's post, all this _return hold stuff will eventually no longer be necessary. After running margins with the post option, you will be able to use commands like estimates save and estimates restore, and marginsplot will be able to work. Until the change is made, you'll have to kludge along using the work-arounds already suggested.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  [email protected]
WWW:    http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam