Re: st: Replace with returned results in svy loop

From   Kate Schneider <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Replace with returned results in svy loop
Date   Sun, 29 May 2011 16:40:24 -0700

Also, we have amended our code based on your recommendations but are
getting a "type mismatch error"

Here is what we're trying:

foreach X of varlist $fooditemall {
quietly count if `X'==1 & priceperkilo !=.
	if `r(N)'>0 {
	display "Variable is: " "`X'"
	svy, subpop(`X'): mean priceperkilo
	mat meanpriceperkilo = e(b)
	scalar vmean = meanpriceperkilo[1,1]
	}
quietly count if `X'==1 & priceperkilo ==.
	if `r(N)'>0 {
	replace priceperkilo = varmean if `X'==1 & priceperkilo ==.
	}
}

Thanks so much for any advice!